Monday, March 9, 2009

Bachelor Poll: Should Brett Michaels be giving The Bachelor Jason Mesnick advice?


Maria Gonzalez, BuddyTV Staff ColumnistSource of TV Guide writes:

Rock of Love: Bret Michaels Gives Advice to 'The Bachelor'
Thursday, March 05, 2009

The
Rock of Love Bus celebrity has gotten word of what Jason Mesnick did on this season of The Bachelor, and he doesn't sound happy about it. Bret Michaels faced the press to give his two cents on the matter, as well as point out what Mesnick might have done wrong. “He definitely better hide his car,” Michaels said, “because it's about to get keyed.”

Is Bret Michaels sympathizing with The Bachelor's Melissa Rycroft? Perhaps. The Rock of Love star underwent the same experience in the first season of his show, when his soulmate Jess, dumped him.

Even so, Bret Michaels believes that things happen for a reason, and that what happened was for the best. "In a sick way, I think he did Melissa a favor,” Bret Michaels declared. “It's better to know now than after ten years of a phony marriage. If someone isn't into me, I want them to tell me. I don't want to come home to find them trying to get the milkman out of the house before I get back.” Speaking from experience, Michaels continued by saying how reality shows have certain constraints that might hamper the relationships they produce. “I know it sounds brutal, but he may have run out of time,” he said.


“When the show was coming to an end, I wanted more time with Jess and Heather. I liked them both a lot. It sucked because it forced me to make a decision that night.”But enough with the excuses, what Jason Mesnick did was a breach of Bret's break-up etiquette. “[Jason] went about it wrong way. I would have done it completely privately — and my show is only about dating. She thought she was getting married!” the Poison frontman exclaimed. “I think he owes her a heart-felt apology.”It seems like many would take the side of Bret Michaels on this one.-"

Image Courtesy of VH1, ABC

C'mon are you serious? I really believe I've seen everything now. I mean I am a fan of both shows and tivo them regularly but with all due respect these two guys are from two different planets! I will admit Jason isn't america's favorite family man at the moment however, he's supposed to taking advice from a guy that creates a show to find his one and only true love (not once mind you, but THREE times) and then proceeds to wonder why it never works out. Let me see, Bret being the rock god he is proceeds to have free sex with whomever he wishes and somehow doesn't think his inablility to find true love has anything to do with the fact that most of these women are not the marrying type, IF you know what I mean. How could someone even read this article seriously considering the source. Lets take a moment to compare what we are dealing with:

Jason Mesnick goes on the Bachlorette, falls in love with Deanna who in the end breaks his heart. But its too late, American women nationwide have already fallen head over heels for Jason Mesnick, a fun, loving, gentle, supportive, successful, single dad who wore his heart on his sleeve. Inevitably as anyone watching could easily predict , Jason becomes the next bachelor and its his turn to break hearts. We anxiously tuned in every week to see the same old Jason we remembered and adored with that cute smile warm our hearts and had us on the edge of our seat to see what would happen next. Jason came across as classy for the most part and of course dependable, honest, and trustworthy. It was noted that he was almost too easily read in that viewers could tell what he was thinking though he never actually said it. Of course he simply couldn't help it being the good guy he naturally was which made us love him even more. He was critized a little for kissing too many girls, but personally I think that was ridiculous, especially based on the nature of the show it was bound to happen. In the end, as I predicted he picked the young, beautiful ex-Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader and all seemed well. His decision was obviously hard as our hearts ached for him as he wept on the balcony after watching Molly, the runner up, drive away. Then fifteenn minutes later in the After the Final Rose show, the unthinkable happened in Bachelor history. Jason discovered after 6 weeks since the show ended that his relationship with Melissa was not the same off camera and admits he could not stop thinking about Molly. Suddenly, Jason is seen by some in America as a deceptive traitor partnering with ABC for a huge publicity stunt and breaks poor Melissa's heart in the process. He is now referred as the most hated man in America. Others (including myself) think Jason is still a nice guy, albeit really confused and certainly didn't think about what he was doing very well, but hey nobody's perfect. He is human as we all are and screwed up, the only difference he did it on national TV which by some people's standards should never happen.

Ok, now on to Mr. Bret Michaels. Can I just say right off the bat that nothing about these two shows is comparable meaning they are so completely different?? Even the girls are a different "type." Bret came into the picture on his Rock of Love show hoping to find his one true love that he could relate to and someone who could love him unconditionally. The girls are certainly beautiful and beaudacious covered with tattoos, funky colored hair, and varous body piercing to boot. Truly most of these girls are what most would consider the "groupie" rock band following type or dare I say "stripper type." By "stripper type" I mean simply, these girls were doing things the first season I wouldn't do in the privacy of my own home, and frankly (sorry Bret) wouldn't want to. The show has proven to be pretty much the equivalent of having a backstage pass and enjoying as much free alcohol and drama that you can stand. The cat fights are riveting, the parties tantalizing, fake boobs as far as the eye can see, and of course everyone making out with everyone. Don't worry, Bret doesn't seem to mind at all and takes most of the girls escapades in stride and bows out graciously if things get too....well....wild. He does partake in the partying from time to time and in these episodes you are sure to witness Bret mysteriously dissappearing with two or even three girls for some "private moments" off camera. Ummmm......ok? Hey who knows, maybe Bret will find true love in this arena; definitely not a setting I would imagine when vying for your true love but maybe there is love that can be shared with two or three or four people in the same bedroom. To each his own. In fact, this week a girl left when they witnessed Bret being a bad boy and his infamous disappearing act. Apparently she heard way too much from the other side of a closed door and quickly decided to run for the hills as she was not into that. Bret did not seem to object but defended his actions saying, "I respect you and your lifestyle and I expect you to do the same and respect mine." What??!? And he wonders why he hasn't found true love, perhaps it could be the type of garbage he brings on the show? Oops, did I really just say that? None of this keeps me from watching every week however, as the jaw dropping scenarious never cease to amaze me and my sheltered world.

Now to prove my point, crazy, premiscuous Bret Michaels giving sweet, innocent Jason Mesnick advice? Bret is even going so far as to judge Jason it seems saying he would do things differently. Exactly. For Jason's sake I hope he does do things differently than Bret!

Let me know what you think....take my poll!



No comments:

Post a Comment